MANN+HUMMEL IBERICA | equipment supplier for the automotive and engineering industries
The MANN+HUMMEL Group is a global expert, leader in filtration solutions and development partner and supplier of original equipment to the international automotive and mechanical engineering industries. The company provides employment to 15,231 persons in roughly 60 plants throughout the world, and in 2013 it achieved a sales turnover of roughly 2.68 billion euros. The Group's product portfolio includes air filtration systems, air intake manifold systems, liquid filtration systems, cabin air filters and plastic acoustic components (known as "symposers"), as well as filter elements for vehicle servicing and repair. For the general engineering sectors, process and industrial manufacture engineering, the company's range of products includes industrial filters, a product series that reduces the carbon emission levels of diesel motors, membrane filters for water filtration and filter systems.
MANN+HUMMEL IBÉRICA used a payroll system that was managed completely by hand throughout the process. The company's main need was to computerize the greatest possible part of the item calculations, and thus free workload from the HR department, in order to be able to dedicate time to tasks that contribute value to the organization by minimizing to the greatest possible extent the errors.
There is a big difference between 2 groups of workers (employees and workers) with two payroll processes at different times in each month. Moreover, this is a company with a high level of rotation (staff on weekends), and hence they needed a system for processing working days and days off work that adapts to changes.
- Optimize and unify the system of Personnel Management using an outsourced service with a powerful, flexible and secure tool so as to permit handling the personnel administration and drafting of related costs in an efficient and reliable manner.
- Integration with of other tools for internal control (attendance verification).
- Guarantees in the implementation (costs and deadlines).
- Standardization of templates for data exchange.
- Computerization of processes related with the payroll process and personnel management.
- In this project a mechanism for 2 monthly payments is planned, defined by different payment dates for their two groups of workers (employees and workers). Different adaptations were undertaken to manage the different types of hiring with which they usually work in a quick and effective manner. They also adapted the attendance verification interfaces in order to enable more exact and reliable processing of the load data.